Monday, January 4, 2010

Rainbow Monday

Tarot Card:  Ace of Cups - down and dirty, this is an emotional gift from above.

Rune:  Wyn - A respite from chaos and an interlude of harmony; the rune of joy

Wow, some days things just come together.  This morning, as I was finishing breakfast and watching the news, one of the animals running through the living room drew my attention to a brilliant beam of sunlight shining through the dust kicked up by the pets being rambunctious.  Usually, I would take this as a sign to get off my butt to vacuum and dust, but today, the motes were catching the sunlight and refracting it, causing a million (yup, I counted them) tiny rainbows to dance in the room.  The morning had gone well enough I could stop and enjoy this spectacle for a few minutes, marveling at the gift of beauty I was given.

Fast forward a couple of hours and I am in the Attic, doing my usual physical opening routine of lights, heat, coffee etc and the metaphysical opening of calling allies, lighting candles, burning sage and drawing the above portents.  I have been seeing rainbows everywhere, all day, mostly metaphorically, but a few physical one.  In the sunlight on Luna's fur, in the light coming in our south-facing front windows, even in the reflections from the cars passing on Indian River Rd.

Rainbows are everywhere today, reminding me to dance like motes of dust in a sunbeam, to enjoy the attention of loved ones, both two- and four-legged, to embrace the miracle of today and every day.

I surely hope this blog is not regularly this sappy, but I have to write what I am led to write, so this post is what it is.

HUGS!

Neal

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful story, Neal. I'll be on the lookout for rainbows today. Maybe all this snow and ice over here will produce a few sparkling, rainbow effects.

    ReplyDelete